Urgent Care Centers like STAT Health on Long Island provide walk in medical care with no appointment needed, and usually have hours that extend beyond those of a traditional primary-care provider. They are a great option for situations when a primary care provider is unavailable, but the situation is not serious enough for a visit to the ER.
This walk in medical centers has locations all across Long Island and are a great option for illness and injuries that occur after hours or on weekends. They offer treatment options for minor injuries and common illnesses at a fraction of the cost of emergency care, often with shorter wait times and without an appointment.
Urgent medical conditions are ones that are not considered emergencies but still require care within 24 hours. Some examples of such conditions include:
· Accidents and falls
· Sprains and strains
· Moderate back problems
· Breathing difficulties (i.e. mild to moderate asthma)
· Bleeding/cuts — not bleeding a lot but requiring stitches
· Diagnostic services, including X-rays and laboratory tests
· Eye irritation and redness
· Fever or flu
· Vomiting, diarrhea or dehydration
· Severe sore throat or cough
· Minor broken bones and fractures (i.e. fingers, toes)
· Skin rashes and infections
· Urinary tract infections
Instead of suffering through the weekend for your doctor, or spending a fortune and an entire day in the emergency room, Stat Health urgent care walk in medical clinic allows you to get the care you need without an appointment.